On September 12 Alessandro Del Piero celebrates 17 years as a Juventus player, having made his Serie A debut for the club on the same date in 1993. He came on as a 75th minute substitute for Fabrizio Ravanelli & has not stopped setting records since.
On his own website he cited the best 17 reasons that he is happy to have played for Juventus for so long & why the anniversary means so much to him. The words are so perfect they are repeated below, with no additional comment necessary other than to say “Grazie Il Capitano”
17) To put on a black and white jersey for the first time, a real one and not the one bought at a market stall
16) To put it on for the second, third, fourth, a six hundred thirty seventh time
15)To listen to the fans cheering “Io di te non mi stanco, sarò sempre al tuo fianco, sei la cosa più bella che c’è… Alessandro Del Piero olè” (I’ll never get tired of you, I’ll be always by your side, you are the most beautiful thing that exists”
14) For the anger, for tears. After a defeat, after an injury. After “the injury”: the 8th of November 1998. It has changed me, it has improved me.
13) To experienced personally the following conversation: “Good morning Alessandro, how are you? Are you awake?” “No. To tell you the truth I was sleeping”. “Good, then it’s time for you to wake up.” It was six o’clock in the morning and the person who called was l’Avvocato. (Gianni Agnelli Juve Patron)
12) To follow with my eyes the long distance kick from Alessandro Orlando, then, stop watching it and instinctively go for it kick it with my right foot and place it under seven o’clock position, over the goal keeper: the 4th of December 1994, from 0-2 to 3-2, with my goal that triggered the recovery against Fiorentina.
11) To score the goal that won the World Club title: the 26th of November 1996, in Tokyo, 1-0, in the 82nd minute against River Plate.
10) For my jersey. I earned it hard. I’ve never left it. My name is on it, only mine, since the time named jerseys exist… I came at the right moment!
9) To play with Antonio, Gianluca, Roberto, Moreno, Fabrizio, Michelangelo, Ciro, Angelo, Giancarlo, Andrea, Dino, Sergio, Jurgen, Paulo, Didier, Zinedine, Filippo, David, Nicola, Massimo, Alessio, Luca, Vladimir, Attilio, Pietro, Christian, Alen, Raffaele, Michele, Edgar, Fabio, Zlatan, Puma, Patrick, Manuel, Mauro, Marcelo, Mark, Igor, Lilian, Gigi, Pavel, Paolo, Stephen, Claudio, Jonathan, Emanuele, Giorgio, Diego, Ama, Cristiano, Alexander, Hasan, Zdenek, Vincenzo, Cristian, Momo, Sebastian, Alberto, Simone and all the others…
8) For the 5th of May 2002.
7) For 29 scudetti.
6) For all the Cups.
5) To score the goal number 200 with Juventus. To score it against Frosinone. And to be proud to have scored against Frosinone in Serie B.
4) For Gaetano Scirea, for all he means, for Juventus and for those who love football.
3) For Giampiero Boniperti, for what he represents, for Juventus and for me.
2) For the reason of never forgetting my roots. And thanks to whom I got to this point.
1) For the Juventus of yesterday and today. Above all for the Juventus of tomorrow.
- drunkxabi reblogged this from armpitage
- drunkxabi likes this
- dinahatesdisco likes this
- antdp425 reblogged this from iltifosi
- antdp425 likes this
- amid reblogged this from iltifosi
- unthinkablemo likes this
- section22 likes this
- aswerock likes this
- vetriciawizach reblogged this from iltifosi and added:
- bacamacho likes this
- solitaryanimal reblogged this from iltifosi
- armpitage reblogged this from iltifosi
- iltifosi posted this